Frequently Asked Questions
Download these FAQ as a .pdf file
What is hi®? hi® is a unique personal massager that is used fully clothed. It helps men and women relax amazingly fast, and gives women some of the most intense orgasms of their life.
What can hi® be used for? While hi® is optimized for women’s bodies and provides amazing orgasms, it can be used by both men and women for a full body massage. It’s also great for pressure point and deep tissue massage. Three training courses are included with hi® so women can use hi® for their needs, and their partner can give them an easy 20 minute massage for that will totally relax her, and if she wants have multiple orgasms – all fully clothed. Plus a program is included that helps you better accept, communicate and express your needs to yourself, your partner and others.
How does hi® work? First of all, hi® works through your clothing. Yes, it can give you an intense orgasm while fully clothed. It combines percussive massage with vibration in a way that has never been done before. The two percussive massage heads also range from gentle – to more intense than you can imagine. The percussive heads transfer massage deep into tissue. The vibration ranges from mild to wild. hi® is powered directly from your wall with a extra long cable and can run on both US and EU/Asian power. This means you can use hi® on your partner first and then they can give you the massage of your life, without worrying the battery will run out.
What are your warrantees for hi®? hi® is warranteed for 12 months for mechanical or manufacturing defects. If you have a mechanical failure within 12 months of purchase please let us know and we can get a replacement unit sent to you.
What are your return policies for unopened products? Unopened hi® systems can be returned within 30 days for a full refund. Contact us for a RMA & ship the unit back. Upon recepit and confirmation it has not been opened we will issue a refund for your purchase price.
What are your return policies for unopened products? Since hi® is used for adult oriented type massage, we cannot reuse it. However we want you to be happy so within 60 days of your purchase you have completed the online training and still aren’t satisfied you can ship it back to us and upon receipt we will offer a refund minus a 20% recycling fee for the components. If you aren’t having success with hi® please also contact us directly or via the anonymous online support community we cover in the online training. 95% of the time the challenge is that hi® is very different from other products on the market & people don’t know how to use it. Ideally we want you to enjoy the benefits thousands of others do daily so we encourage you to first lean how to use hi®.
How is hi® different? While hi® uses two techniques that are mainstays for massage therapists, no device has combined them before. This creates new opportunities for massage. No other device is optimized for transferring deep tissue stimulation into these specific locations on a woman’s body. hi® is shaped in a way that fits women’s bodies perfectly to help relax their lower abdomen and pelvic areas. While vibrators may work on the tip of a woman’s clitoris, hi® stimulates the ENTIRE vulva region – including the external clitoris and internal aspects that are deeper inside your body. Many women can experience a sensation that feels like g-spot stimulation, but from their abdomen. The vibration can be combined with percussion to create experiences more intense and amazing than many women have ever felt – all while fully clothed. Most women can experience orgasm through their clothing, in just a minute or two. Once they’re familiar with hi® many women can experience multiple orgasms very quickly. How can this happen? We believe it is because hi® simulates all 5 nerves related to orgasm at the same time. Most devices at best stimulate 2. Plus, when was the last time you were able to have an orgasm while slow dancing with your partner?
Does hi® really work through clothing? YES! hi® was created to work through even heavy clothing (as long a it’s loose). Most women can also use it with feminine napkins during that time of the month, or if they have urinary incontinence leakage.
Why would I want something that works through clothing? Several reasons actually. Unfortunately some women have body image issues and aren’t comfortable being unclothed in front of their partner. This can range from mild embarrassment to severe discomfort. Whatever the case if they aren’t comfortable and relaxed, it’s more difficult to feel aroused. With hi® a woman’s partner (or herself) can quickly relax and “get in the mood” before proceeding to more intimate activities. Plus, lets face it, we have busy lives between work, travel, children and daily living – couples often have little time for being intimate and are exhausted when they are together. When a heterosexual couple only has time for a 10 minute “quickie” the man is often the only one who has an orgasm. With hi® the woman’s partner can get her in the mood, while she achieves multiple orgasms before taking care of his needs – in the same time as before. Also, being able to achieve strong orgasms has many significant health benefits. Normally most women have to be in a private familiar setting to achieve orgasm. However migraine headaches and other stresses that orgasm often helps with can happen anywhere. With hi® , if you feel a migraine coming on at work (and orgasms help you here) you can just step into a private room for a couple minutes. You’ll likely have a glow, but now you can finish your day.
Can hi® be used without your clothing? hi® was designed to be used over clothing, it’s water resistant – but not water proof. So we only recommend it over clothing. That being said, most wand massagers aren’t even water proof.
What wellness benefits does hi® assist with? First we need to be clear that hi® is only for relaxation, motivation and fun. We are making no medical claims.* However, the experience of orgasm has profoundly positive benefits for women. hi® just makes it easy, fast and convenient to experience orgasm whenever you need to.
- Migraines Multiple studies have shown that if women can achieve orgasm during a migraine, many can experience relief. One large study from Germany found 60% of women reported an improvement of their migraine attack (70% of those that orgasm helped reported moderate to complete relief)** hi® makes having a orgasm quick, convenient and easy – anywhere you can step away in private for a couple minutes.
- PMS Numerous experts and websites recommend orgasm as a great way to help reduce PMS symptoms.**
- Menopause Symptoms Regular orgasm increases blood flow in the pelvic region as well as promoting ongoing release of DHEA, Estrogen, and other very beneficial hormones. These hormones tend to decrease as we age, but orgasm releases them and increases production. Orgasm is nature’s way to balance your hormones naturally. There’s truth to the old “use it or lose it” saying.**
- Urinary Incontinence Regular orgasm and pelvic massage have been show in multiple studies to help improve pelvic floor muscle strength which is closely associated with lower incidence of urinary incontinence.** Plus hi® is a really great motivation for your daily kegel exercise routine.
- Relaxation Orgasm causes spikes in release of Oxytocin, which directly decreases levels of cortisol (the stress hormone). Multiple orgasms are even more better for a stressful day.**
- Sleep Increased Oxytocin makes you feel better while decreased cortisol reduces stress. As well a recent study indicated that women tend to experience more refreshing (REM state) sleep, likely due to the additional release of Estrogen.
- Weight loss Dr. Ramani Durvasula has already written a book on this topic, but we’re taking it much farther! Orgasm releases hormones that make you feel better and recent studies show can increase self control for snacking. Orgasm has positive benefits on both a physiological and psychological level. We are actually a wellness company and weightloss is a core focus. We discovered hi® accidentally, but viewed it as an important part of wellness so we focused on developing its potential. As a result of studying how over 2000 women have reacted to hi® we’ve made some additional interesting discoveries related to weight loss. You’ll be astonished with the program and our research that will be coming out about this! It’s not a diet, it’s a fun way to better understand yourself and enjoy life more.
Can my partner use hi® on me? Absolutely – in fact it’s more fun that way. A training program for our 20 minute massage routine is included. This teaches your partner how to get you totally relaxed and if you want give you several orgasms. Plus once your partner realizes the Super Powers hi® can give them, and how appreciative you’ll be in return, odds are you’ll be getting a lot of amazing massages.
Can hi® be used on men? hi® is WONDERFUL for massaging men – EXCEPT – don’t massage his crotch where hi® will touch the testicles. We repeat, leave the testicles alone.
How was hi® discovered? hi® was discovered as a result of a tragedy. Steve McGough was trying to help his wife Wendy recover from c-section surgery after losing their son. He finally found a method that seemed to help, but it was very tiring. So he experimented with different massage devices that could replicate the method. Nothing on exited on the market, so he began experimenting building his own devices. He finally found something that worked well, but the device had a side effect. Wendy, and later all her female friends who volunteered to test it kept having orgasms, through their clothing. Steve had a background in neuroscience, and this “side effect” didn’t make any sense because the device was originally just on the lower abdomen. It’s a long story but over 7 years and testing on more than 2000 women he created and refined a system that appears to stimulate all 5 major nerves related to orgasm (most only stimulate 2). Steve and Wendy both ended doing graduate work in Sexology and have their Doctorates now. Steve is also an associate professor of clinical sexology at the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco.
Why did you name it hi® ? Since our company focused on wellness, we didn’t want an “adult” sounding name. Our parent company is “Human Innovations” and the name hi® seemed like a nice fit.
hi® is also jokingly an abbreviation for “Hysteria Inhibitor”.
The reason we found that abbreviation amusing is female “hysteria” was actually considered a disease by the American Medical Association until 1954 (no joke). It was believed that women needed regular external vulva massage to “calm the uterus”. Otherwise women might become anxious, restless and generally troublesome. “Hysteria” became a catch all reason for anything men thought women might not be happy about. Vigours vulva massage, when done by a doctor resulted in a “paroxysm” (or body convulsion). This would temporarily calm the uterus and the woman would return to normal. In the 1800’s in England it was common practice for upper middle class women to “medically require” weekly (or more frequent) pelvic massage by their doctor – to reduce the symptoms of this “disease”. The process wasn’t considered sexual or shameful because it didn’t involve penetration, which was the only way they believed women would be sexually stimulated.
While we know that “disease” didn’t actually exist and instead was part of a sexist culture — in hindsight the benefits of this regular therapy may not have been such a bad idea. Particularly since women didn’t find anything embarrassing or wrong with it.
In the early 1900’s electric vibrators were among the best selling items in Sears catalog in the USA. Sadly, in 1918 a movie was made showing a woman using a vibrator while watching a young man (instead of for it’s “medical” purpose). Within 10 years all vibrators were off the market and it was now an embarrassing topic. Wendy McGough noticed that soon after vibrators went away, the great depression hit sending the world into economic chaos.
So maybe we should bring hysteria back – but this time acknowledge it’s a healthy part of the human condition, and nothing to be embarrassed about. Perhaps that would be the best stimulus package for our economy?
What are these hi® training programs?
- “Getting to know yourself class” This shows women how to use hi® for personal relaxation and intimate stimulation. It then goes much farther to help you explore your deep beliefs about your sexuality and personal identity. It also covers ways to acknowledge your own needs and talk with your partner about them.
- “Connecting with your partner – couples massage class” This teaches a woman’s partner an amazing 20 minute massage routine that will totally relax her, and if she wants enjoy multiple orgasms. hi® is used for general massage and on specific pressure points that feel wonderful.
- “Accepting your needs – expressing your needs” This is a guided series of questions you can ponder in private, or with your partner to help you better understand and accept both your and each others needs. Few couples truly express what they want, physically and in many areas. This is a first step in better understanding and enjoying yourself and your relationship.
How much will hi® cost?
Retail price for hi®, including the two online training programs is $349.95
However indiegogo buyers can purchase it for $199.95
Early bird, and bulk purchase specials will be even less
What makes the hi® device different than the competition? hi® by itself is an amazing full body massager. But what makes it completely different is the way it can be used for a very special women’s abdominal and pelvic massage. It’s unique method gives most women orgasms through their clothing, very quickly. Many women can enjoy multiple orgasms very quickly, using hi®. In testing over the years, a large number of women who were anorgasmic have been able to achieve orgasm using hi®.
Both the – method – and related devices for hi® are patented in the United States and Australia, and are in final review for grant in the European Union and Canada.
This method is a new discovery and a big interest for many women’s health researchers. In fact, while we’re making no medical claims about hi®, several medical researchers are planning studies on possible benefits from using it.
Some people ask why you’d want to have an orgasm with your clothes on? While we agree that they’re great without clothes on as well, there are several reasons you might want to consider.
hi® allows women to very quickly, reliably and conveniently achieve orgasm while clothed. So if you unfortunately happen to have migraine headaches, but fortunately are among the women that orgasm helps stop the headache, now you have a fast convenient solution. You can take hi® to work with you and if you feel a migraine coming on, just step into a private room for a few minutes. If needed wear an absorptive napkin. Most women wouldn’t be able to achieve orgasm in a couple minutes while at work, with hi® most can. All your coworkers will likely notice is a nice blush complexion (as long you have a private room).
hi® also is fast so before bed if you’re having trouble relaxing and getting to sleep just use it to massage your abdomen and pelvis for a few minutes. hi® makes orgasms easy.
Unfortunately, many women have body image issues. While their partner thinks they’re beautiful, stress about that makes it more difficult to relax when they’re being intimate. hi® allows their partner to give them a massage that first relaxes them, and then gives them orgasms while their cloths are still on. Most women are in a much more relaxed and accepting state after having 3 or 4 orgasms and then are less concerned about body image. At that point they’re much more open to going farther.
hi® also allows women to achieve orgasm with a new partner without getting undressed. This creates totally new opportunities for women. It also gives both men and women the ability both give another woman an amazing massage and orgasms – while she’s clothed. Which previously most people didn’t think was even possible.
For couples who have limited time due to busy schedules, it really helps even the orgasm gap for women. In the past if a couple was trying to have a quickie while the kids were out of the house, the man would usually be the only person that actually had an orgasm. Now you can use hi® while your clothes are still on, have a quickie & be back fully dressed before anyone knows.
hi® helps couples better express and share emotional and physical intimacy. It bridges the gap between massage, touching and sexual expression. Men often have a hard time understanding the different ranges of emotional and physical intimacy. hi® offers a framework and training program couples can explore together. One woman called hi® “emotional Viagra®“ for her husband.
hi® comes with 3 online training programs, and has numerous other programs available for more advanced topics. It isn’t just a sex toy, but part of a larger wellness program.
hi® is endorsed by the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality as a major innovation for women’s sexual health.
How is Women and Couples Wellness different from other companies? First and foremost, Women and Couples Wellness is a health technology company. We also consider sexuality an important part of our overall health. We are part of a technology group that provides advanced wellness solutions for many aspects of your life. Our parent company develops products like neurological testing phone apps.
Most “sex toy” companies simply focus on marketing and re-branding the same products that have been around for 50 years. Typically they either outsource their products, or buy them off the shelf and put a new spin or brand on them.
Women and Couples Wellness is a joint venture between Human Innovations, LLC and the Co founder of Berkeley Sourcing Group, LLC. Human Innovations develops highly effective and enjoyable solutions to help busy people improve both their health and quality of life. They bring experience in wellness, Asian health modalities, neuroscience, and IT areas.
Greg Fisher is the hardware development investor for Women and Couples Wellness. He’s the CEO and founder of Berkeley Sourcing Group. Berkeley Sourcing Group is a turn-key product development and manufacture company. They employee 25 engineers in Shenzhen China and have a manufacturing plant in Jiangxi provence.
The team at Women and Couples Wellness includes people with backgrounds in clinical sexology, software engineering, neuroscience and nutrition research. We are actively involved in ongoing research and product development. You’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg for what’s coming!
We also have extensive experience and access to our parent company’s software and fulfillment infrastructure. We develop patented innovative technologies based on science, and then manufacture them ourselves in China. Since our co owner owns their own hardware R&D facility and manufacture plant in China we have a huge advantage of an actual presence there.
Most companies rely on a third party middleman to outsource their manufacture. Our wellness focus and capabilities make us very different from the competition.
How did you test hi® on over 2000 Women? We’ve been doing this for over 7 years now both at our location in North Carolina and at the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. However over 1000 of the women that volunteered were at conventions and dance clubs. One of the investment groups we had been talking with didn’t believe the product was real, so we went on a 6 week trip around the US with standing and seated public versions of the prototypes. We stopped at numerous conventions and related venues in North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, and Nevada. Women initially would be very self conscious of using the public versions, but after about 4 used it they would line up. That was where we had most of our early testing on larger groups.
* Please note that hi® is solely for relaxation and wellness purposes. It is a unique patented combination of massage devices that have been used by the public for decades. hi™ has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. No medical claims are being made. The hi™ product, and or any any statements made by this site as well as any associated video, audio, or written content therein, are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease. hi® and its related training programs are not intended as medical advice, or to replace the guidance from a qualified health care professional. This site and all associated content, and products are intended to help share knowledge about wellness and relaxation approaches. Visitors and customers with any medical or health related concerns are encouraged contact a qualified health care professional.
** For information and research studies on how health and wellness benefits of orgasm visit: https://womenandcouples.com/research
* Please note that hi® is solely for relaxation and wellness purposes. It is a unique patented combination of massage devices that have been used by the public for decades. hi® has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. No medical claims are being made. The hi® product, and or any statements made by this site as well as any associated video, audio, or written content therein, are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease. hi® and its related training programs are not intended as medical advice, or to replace the guidance from a qualified health care professional. This site and all associated content, and products are intended to help share knowledge about wellness and relaxation approaches. Visitors and customers with any medical or health-related concerns are encouraged to contact a qualified health care professional.
Research references from above:
The method and related devices used by hi® are patented in the United States and Australia, and patent-pending in Canada and the European Union.
**Note: Viagra® is a registered trademark of Pfizer, Inc. and is in not affiliated with Women and Couples Wellness, LLC
Copyright © 2015 Women and Couples Wellness, LLC